August is my birthday month, but at my age it isn't such a big deal for me anymore. My niece, Ryane, however, will be turning 5 on the same day as I'm turning xx and that is a big deal. I won't be able to celebrate with her on the day itself, but later in the month I will be conducting Auntie Sue's Whirlwind Rugrat Spoiling Tour and visiting her and her brother and sister in Winnipeg for a few days after spending a few days in Toronto with my 20-month old nieces. It is going to be a lot of fun.
In between my travels and work (yeah, I still gotta work) -- I am looking forward to reading the following books:
- For Reading Groups:
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- Candide by Voltaire
- Kings of the Earth by Jon Clinch (I saw that one of the book groups at my library will be discussing this on Sept.1, and since it's been sitting on my shelf for a few months I thought this would be a good opportunity to read it)
- For Reading Challenges:
- Ornament of the World by Maria Rosa Menocal
- Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart
- The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- For Review:
Have a great month!