Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reading Week in Review

Newsflash -- I only bought ONE book this week - Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. This book is about the historic 2008 U.S. Presidential Election race - the first in which I was eliglible to vote as a new American citizen - and I've heard good things about it. I'm trying to become more politically aware and informed and I think this book will provide interesting insights into the way politics and politicians operate.

I only finished two books this week: Home to Harlem by Claude McKay (I will be posting about this on Friday February 12 as part of the Harlem Renaissance Classics Circuit), and The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman for an upcoming book group discussion.

This week I have to turn on the reading jets as I have to finish The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for my classics book group discussion the following week and I also must start two books by Georgette Heyer that I am reading for the Classics Circuit in March. I also have one book I picked up from the library today that I am dying to read as it is an astonishing subject and it is receiving all kinds of buzz - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot; if it is as good as everyone says it is you will be hearing more about this book in this space!

Happy reading everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I finished Dorian Gray! It was creepy. But it wasn't too long. For the most part (except when it got philosophical) it was pretty guick going. I got bored in some of the philosphical stuff.

    I hope you enjoy it! I think it will be a nice discussion.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)