Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Monday -- What Are You Reading?

 

 
It's Monday -- time for What are You Reading, a meme hosted by Sheila to let us all know what other booklovers have read and are about to read.

I was suffering through a bad cold last week, unfortunately not bad enough to keep me home from work but enough to keep me home from one of my book group meetings :-(.  I did catch up on some reading though, because that's all I seemed to have the energy for.

 
Books finished last week:     Crime and Punishment, for my Classics book group
                                           Small Island by Andrea Levy (a re-read, and a wonderful wonderful book)
                                           Between Here and April by Deborah Copaken Kogan, for my book group discussion next week
                                           Tinkers by Paul Harding (see my thoughts here)
 
Books to read this week:      The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Murder on the Orient Express, both by Agatha Christie, for an upcoming Classics Circuit post
                                            Beatrice and Virgil, by Yann Martel - I'm very excited to read this; I've seen opinions on both sides of the spectrum about this book.
                                            This Book is Overdue!  How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All by Marilyn Johnson - a celebration of librarians.
                                           And I should have time to get to at least one or two more on the to-read pile.....

What are you reading this week?

7 comments:

  1. Tinkers was such a surprise Pulitzer winner this year! I'm intrigued, but it doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews. I'm in line for a copy at the library, but won't be getting my hands on it until October! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Agatha Christie and went through a phase where I read all of her books. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved This Book is Overdue. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great week of reading :)

    Lynne's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. jlshall -- I was lucky that I got Tinkers from the library just days after it won the Pulitzer and before anyone else could out a hold on it (the ability to place holds online is both a blessing and a curse!) That must be rough to have to wait until October, though.
    Stephanie - I went through an Agatha Christie phase in my younger days as well. I don't think I read all of her books, but I think I've read most of the Hercule Poirot novels. I'm enjoying the re-read much more because I know "whodunit" and can pick up on the clues!

    Lynne -- This Book is Overdue is wonderful and has me contemplating a career change :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been wanting to rwad small island for ages and beatrice and virgil looks good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agatha Christie books are still unread by me.... I don't know why, just haven't got to them.. I would love to read one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of the librarian book. I like libraries and librarians!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)