Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Library Loot - first timer

Are you excited for me?  This is my first posting on a weekly meme (sound the chorus and the bells)

Library Loot is hosted by Marg and Eva and lets us sneak a peek at what gems other people have found at their local library.

I love buying books but I also love my library because it lets me sample books I'm interested in but am hesitant on purchasing.  I haven't used the library much recently, but today I went in and picked up a book I put on hold on Monday:


This book was announced as the Pulitzer Prize winner for fiction on Monday and I hadn't heard of it, and my library had a copy available.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Library Loot!
    I love to buy books, too, but I've been making the effort to take advantage of my library more. Like you, I find it's a great way to sample books, genres or authors that I'm unsure of. I've seen tinkers on the new release list at my library, but don't know much about it. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! How fun to get the next Pultizer Prize novel. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)