It's Monday - What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at bookjourney to allow us to share with others in the book-loving cyberworld what is on our reading plates.
It's been a while since I've participated in memes but I'm back!
I won't go into all the books I've read since my last Monday post -- I can't remember any of them being overly wonderful anyways -- but in the last week I've read:
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (for my classics book group)
- In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick (for my non-fiction book group)
- Ulysses by James Joyce (about two-thirds of the way through!)
- Honeymoon in Tehran: Two Years of Love and Danger in Iran by Azadeh Moaveni
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill (for thelittlereader's readalong and for the Canadian Book Challenge 4)
- The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart
- The Carrion Vine by Erane Elizabeth Scully. I just attended a reading given by the author and I cannot wait to read this book. It is an account of her and her mother's time in a Siberian prison camp during World War II; her mother kept a secret journal during this time and made her daughter promise to make their story public. Mrs Scully is well into her eighties and this is her first published work so I can't but admire her tenacity.
What are you reading this week?