Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ulysses Wednesday #10


Welcome to Ulysses Wednesday, where I track my progress reading James Joyce's tale of a day in the life of Leopold Bloom.


Status: page 474 of 783

  So I'm in a chapter now that is reading like a play, and it feels like a dream sequence.  Bloom is chasing after Stephen Dedalus as they walk down the street (in what seems to be a dodgy area) and then all of a sudden the scene turns into a courtroom and poor ol' Leopold is on trial for sexually harassing a maid and some society ladies.  I'm not finished with this chapter yet, but Paddy Dignam has returned from the dead to vouch for Bloom's character, so I wonder what else will pop up in this little fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)