Tuesday, October 25, 2011

All About bibliosue

Helen's Book Blog and Estella's Revenge are featuring this interesting getting to know you meme today so I thought - hey, I don't think anyone knows much about me!  So here for your reading pleasure are some fun facts that you've always wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
 
Age: 42
Bed Size: Queen
Chore that you hate:  Most of them :-)  though I really dislike cleaning toilets.
Dogs: Nope
Essential start to your day:  Sadly, coffee
Favorite colors: Gray and green
Gold or Silver: Probably silver
Height: 5'3"
Instruments you play: I used to play the flute in junior high school
Job Title: Human Resources Manager, Purchasing Manager, System Coordinator, External Fulfillment Coordinator (my business card is really big!)
Kids: None, but I have 4 nieces (10, 5, and almost two year-old twins), 1 nephew (8) and another nephew coming next month and I love them all to bits
Live: Lake in the Hills, IL  (northwest of Chicago)
Mother-in-Law's name: Ruth
Nicknames: Sue, Suz, my little nieces have just started calling me Soosoo
Overnight hospital stays: When I was six I had my adenoids removed and when I was 16 I had jaw surgery. 
Pet Peeves: People who let their kids play with the handicapped entrances into buildings.
Quote from a movie: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner"  (RIP Patrick Swayze)
Right or Left handed: I'm a lefty
Siblings: Two younger brothers
Time you wake up: Lately I've been making an effort to get up at 4:50 am during the week to exercise before work; most days I've been able to do it!
Underwear: Ummm, yes?
Vegetable you hate: I'm not a fan of asparagus
What makes you run late: My husband
X-Rays you've had: Dental x-rays, chest x-ray for the process of immigrating to the US, a few MRIs too
Yummy food that you make: I think I make a mean meatloaf
Zoo animal: I love polar bears 

3 comments:

  1. I'd love your meatloaf recipe! I never had meatloaf as a kid and I experiment with a new recipe every few months. I like it, although I'm not sure what my husband thinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice questionnaire. It's always fun to find out a bit more about people.

    You're getting up really early! I thought my 6.30am was early! I'm a silver girl too (rather than gold).

    What the problem with the underwear? I've got two types: black and white. Some of the black have narrow white stripes. There. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca -- It's a very simple recipe, just ground beef, an egg, a chopped onion, a few glops (the technical term!) of ketchup, and salt & pepper. Throw it in the oven for an hour and you're done.
    That and homemade scalloped potatoes will be my last meal if I am ever up for execution.

    Judith -- yeah 4:50 is early, but it's really the only time that I can consistently exercise. Some days I just can't do it, but it is slowly getting easier.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)