Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mr.Peanut by Adam Ross

 
  Can someone please explain this book to me?

  This novel starts out as a simple murder mystery -- a woman is dead and her husband is the prime suspect.  But it doesn't stay that way.  In the investigation of the murder, Mr.Peanut  becomes - to me anyway - an extremely negative portrayal of marriage; not only of Alice and David Pepin (the dead woman and her husband) but also of the police investigators, including Dr. Sam Sheppard, who was accused of the brutal murder of his own wife (the genesis of the TV show and movie The Fugitive).

  I've heard many positive things about this novel and so stuck with it but it is a very negative story with no likeable characters and to me the murder mystery was not solved by the end of the book.  

  So if anyone has insights that I may have missed -- please share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)