Sunday, December 12, 2010

The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge

 
  I think the book blogging challenge gods are really trying to help me deal with my overwhelming TBR shelves (and save my husband from the heart palpitations he gets everytime he sees how many books are on them).

  Adam at Roof Beam Reader has created a challenge for 2011 that seems catered exclusively to me:  a TBR Pile Challenge.  The goal of this challenge is to read at least 12 books from your to-read pile(s) that have been there for at least a year and that have a publication date prior to January 1, 2010. 
 
  So here's my list:
  My two alternate books are:
  This should free up some space on the shelves for some new books (but don't tell my husband!)

  What do you think of my list?

4 comments:

  1. I've only read East of the Sun which I enjoyed. The titles of most others do not appeal to me, maybe not to you, either and that's why you haven't read them yet?

    I must say, often books that have been left for ages in my book case are either not worth it, or way, way better than I thought.

    Enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the challenge with me! I've honestly never heard of any of your books - BUT- I'm very excited, because I posted a few days ago about wanting to read much more history-in-literature, and a lot of these (The Battle for Spain particularly caught my attention) seem right up that alley. I'm very eager to read your reviews and see what else I can add to my TBR list (this will definitely be a problem).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith -- it's probably true that some of these titles may not appeal to me once I start reading them, but others I just kind of forgot they were on my shelves so they now seem new and exciting to me again!

    Adam -- thank you for hosting this challenge! I'll keep The Battle for Spain aside for you if you would like to read it once I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking-in on your progress for the 2011 TBR Pile Challenge - you're doing great so far!

    Also... BIG Giveaways are happening next week, and TBR Pile Challenge participants earn extra entries for linking to their lists, so be sure to visit my Giveaways section soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)