The 5 Best Books meme is hosted by Indie Reader Houston.
This week's list is for our 5 best books about travel. One of my favorite genres is travel narratives, so I have had no trouble coming up with five books, in no particular order:
- The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends Changing the World, One Correction at a Time by Jeff Deck and Benjamin D. Herson. A fun story about guys correcting spelling and grammar errors on signs and other public displays across the country.
- Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo. A novel about two unlikely companions on a cross-country road trip.
- Walking Israel: A Personal Search for the Soul of a Nation by Martin Fletcher. An unusual yet thoughtful trip along the length of Israel
- The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World by Eric Weiner. This is one of my all-time favorites - a great book about how one's environment can contribute to ( or detract from) one's happiness.
- Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman. A story of two friends travelling through China.
What are your favorite books about travel?