The 5 Best Books meme is hosted by Cassandra at Indie Reader Houston.
This week we are asked to list our 5 Best Books so far in 2011. I have read some great books so far this year, so it is rough to only come up with five, but here goes -- in no particular order (links are to my reviews):
- The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis. This one might be hard to appreciate if you aren't Canadian, but even though I've been out of the country for 12 years I still loved its humorous look at politics.
- Paris Was Ours, edited by Penelope Rowlands. This is the kind of book that makes you want to visit Paris right away, whether its your first or tenth time.
- Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe. A celebrity memoir that is actually well-written (and the audiobook is well-narrated by the author).
- A Kind of Intimacy by Jenn Ashworth. This is a page-turning thriller that dresses up like a work of literary fiction and it totally works.
- Something Missing by Matthew Dicks. A fun novel about a quirky thief that you can't help but like.
Two other books that I loved so far this year, The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady and The Bee-Loud Glade, could be yours by entering The Literary Blog Hop Giveaway!