Friday, July 9, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday


  Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

  From Promises to Keep by Jane Green:

Steffi elbows her hair out of her eyes before grabbing a frying pan, splashing olive oil liberally into it and scraping the finely chopped onion into the oil.

  I literally just started this book, so I don't know where this sentence may lead, but it did make me hungry!

4 comments:

  1. She's making me hungry ;)

    If you get a chance, stop by my Book Beginning Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love the smell of cooking in olive oil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That totally makes me hungry - still 45mins to lunch - noooooooooooo!

    I hope you are enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Book Beginnings! I host a similar meme I call "First Line Friday" (although I didn't get around to it last Friday. Check it out, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)