Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Monday - What are you Reading?


  It's Monday - What are you Reading?  is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at bookjourney to allow us to share with others in the book-loving cyberworld what is on our reading plates.

  It looks like I had a slow week last week as I only finished one book - A Long Long Time Ago & Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka - but it was worth it.  I'm trying to put my thoughts together about it so I can write a post about it -- in the meantime, check it out, you will be glad you did.

 Books that I've started last week and carry into this week:
This week, I begin my insane quest to read Ulysses - watch for my first post on Wednesday (aka Bloomsday, June 16th); and if I am able I'd also like to start on The Story of My Life by Helen Keller, which is for a non-fiction reading group at my library that I think I will finally be able to attend.

Before I forget, I'd like to thank Christina at chrisbookarama who generously sent me a copy of The Awakening by Kate Chopin.  I am a mail geek as much as I am a book geek, so seeing the package in my mailbox was a doubly pleasant surprise.

What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. Have fun with all your books this week. The Dave Barry sounds like it will be great along with all the other books you have on tap. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some serious reading to do this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ulysses! I think I was always planning to read that...

    Hope you enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some big reads going on. I will cheer you from afar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pere Goriot! Great choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you've got a lot going on! i'm part of the way into Midnight's Children and will be through with Book One by friday, but it is definitely slow going... good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to our discussion of Goriot Wednesday and I hope your first day of Ulysses goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read your review on Dave Barry's book! I've heard alot of great things about his writing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)