Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2012 TBR Pile Challenge



  Thank goodness for Adam at Roof Beam Reader.  Though I didn't complete his 2011 TBR Pile Challenge I did manage to blow the dust off of a few books; and was pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed a lot of them.  So I'm checking in again for the 2012 Challenge and hope to get all of my selections completed.

  The rules are the same as last year:
  1. Read twelve books that have been on your to-read pile for at least a year (you may include two alternate titles).
  2. You must write a review/response for each one you read.
  3. You must link your master list to the sign-up post .
  Here are my books for this challenge, a mix of fiction and non-fiction:
  1. Annexed by Sharon Dogar
  2. My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk
  3. Mrs. Somebody Somebody by Tracy Winn
  4. Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold
  5. The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris
  6. Postcards from a Dead Girl by Kirk Farber
  7. Ill Fares the Land by Tony Judt
  8. The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work by Alain de Botton
  9. Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
  10. The Dead Beat:  Lost Souls, Lucky Stiffs and the Perverse Pleasures of Obituaries by Marilyn Johnson
  11. Ghost Soldiers:  The Epic Account of World War II's Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides
  12. Nine Lives:  In Search of the Sacred in Modern India by William Dalrymple
  My alternate titles are:
  1. Triangle by Katharine Weber
  2. The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton
  Any thoughts on these books?

2 comments:

  1. Girl in a Blue Dress is the only book from this list that I've heard of ...and I might just be making that up! Lol I look forward to reading what these are all about, as you complete your challenge in 2012! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these books are new to me, but I hope that they are all wonderful reads for you and that your challenge goes well. I have considered joining this one myself!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)