Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Bookworm Santa Wishlist

Well, Halloween is over, and here in the US Thanksgiving is still two weeks away, but the stores are already full of Christmas merchandise.  I admit, I have been listening to a little bit of Christmas music (I have a little bit of an obsession with Michael Buble and his Christmas CD is just awesome!) but I usually don't get into the true spirit until the first snowfall.

But .... in browsing my google reader this morning I saw Judith @ leeswammes post about some Secret Santa exchanges going on in the blogosphere so even though it's not yet beginning to look a lot like Christmas, I'm getting started on the season.

Despite my disappointing experience with a Secret Santa exchange last year,  I am going to participate in the My Bookworm Santa exchange hosted at The Magic Attic.  And here is my wish list for Secret Santa:
  1. Winter:  Five Windows on the Season by Adam Gopnik
  2. The Little Shadows by Marina Endicott
  3. Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy
  4. You Deserve Nothing by Alexander Maksik
  5. The Jewish Husband by Lia Levi
It's going to be exciting to wait for the mailman and see what treasures await!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, another book by Endicott. The description does appeal greatly, but I loved the other book by her. I haven't heard of the other books on your list, but you usually have a good taste so I'll follow the links and check them out. Let's hope you'll end up with one of these, this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I am not going to be participating in this event this year, but will be excitedly watching from the sidelines to see what everyone receives! I hope that some of those wishes are fulfilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sure hope this year's Secret Santa reads the instructions and pays attention to your wish list! I read Everything Beautiful... earlier this year and really enjoyed it. It was the "different in a good way" kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am sending out the bookworm santa assignments and I don't have your email address. You just put your blog address on the form. Please email me asap :) thank you

    chelle2006 @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)