Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wishlist Challenge 2012


  As you all know, I have a lot (A LOT) of books sitting on my to-read shelf, waiting patiently for their chance to be selected.  However, there are almost as many books waiting just as patiently on my to-read list, hoping for that opportunity to regain that attention that put them on the list in the first place. 

  I'm sure anyone who is an avid reader has the same "problem", and Leeswammes' Blog is here to help!  Judith has created a Wishlist Challenge, which challenges you to read 12 books that you would like to read but don't already have on your shelves.  The rules:

  1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012.
  2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.
  3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it.
  4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2012.
  My wish list is on Goodreads and here are the books I've tentatively selected for this challenge:
  1. The Little Shadows by Marina Endicott
  2. The Art of Losing by Rebecca Connell
  3. Galore by Michael Crummey
  4. The Art of Eating In:  How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove by Cathy Erway
  5. Strangers at the Feast by Jennifer Vanderbes
  6. Madame Proust and the Kosher Kitchen by Kate Taylor.
  7. The Jewish Husband by Lia Levi
  8. Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow
  9. February by Lisa Moore
  10. Cool Water by Dianne Warren
  11. The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy
  12. The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar
  I'm holding out for the glory and honor that is promised to those of us who completes the challenge!
 


6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea that I would like to get on board with. I will have to see if I can make that happen! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll join in Zibilee!

    Suzanne, great list! I actually have The World We Found already, so it's not in my list for the wishlist challenge. Another book by Endicott sounds good.

    Have a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! I see some Europas on that list, LOL ;-) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful idea. My whole reading list for next year is made up of books I've been meaning to read for a while now so let's consider that challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! My whole 2012 reading list is made up of books that I've been meaning to read for a while so consider that challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea! My whole 2012 reading list is made up of titles I've been meaning to read for a while so consider that challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)