Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - My First Treasure



  It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week (for some reason Hallmark doesn't have a card for this yet); a time to celebrate book blogging.  This is my first time participating, but I am looking forward to playing along as much as possible (real job's work schedule permitting).

   Today we are asked to talk about our first treasure -- the first blog we discovered.  The first blog I found was actually an extension of a podcast that I discovered on iTunes -- Books on the Nightstand (multiple BBAW award winners last year, I believe).  Ann and Michael, the creators of BOTNS, have a wonderful conversational style in the podcast and the blog posts associated with each podcast are wonderful resources for the books they discuss and for further information on the podcast's theme.  I have added many books to my own nightstand thanks to this podcast/blog.

  The blog that inspired me to start my own blog is Rebecca Reads.  I am fortunate to know Rebecca "in real life", as she coordinates the Classics Reading Group at our library, and her blog is so well done and true to her affinity for classical literature, that I decided to put my own eclectic tastes to virtual paper and try blogging myself. 

  I hope you check out these great blogs if you haven't already done so.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sue! I'm thrilled that we were one of the first blogs you found. It's been such fun to get to know you. Thanks, and Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to through your hat in the blogging ring -- and I'm so glad we have the classics reading group to chat about some great books. Thanks for the note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Hallmark having a card for BBAW!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)