Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Monday - What are you Reading?

 

  It's Monday - What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at bookjourney to allow us to share with others in the book-loving cyberworld what is on our reading plates.


  I only finished one book this week:  Room by Emma Donoghue.  I'm trying to figure out how to put my thoughts about it into words that make sense.  It is truly a wonderful novel.
 
  I participated in my first Book Blogger Appreciation Week and had fun.  I found a lot of new blogs to follow, added more books to the never-ending to read list, and learned things that I hope will improve my own blog.

  Books in progress: 
  I've started taking a French class on Saturdays to refresh my very rusty French skills, and ambitiously I took out a few French books from the Centre's library.  I don't know if I'll complete them, but it will be a good challenge.

  What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Room! And I'm reading The Gin Closet this week, and it's pretty doggone good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished Room! Yay! Je suis tres heureuse!

    J'espere que votre semaine de lire c'est tres bonne. Or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to see what you're up to this Monday. Ulysses...wow. Big challenge. I read it once upon a time--and still can't say that I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed Room. I'm still waiting to acquire it. Too many books at the moment, but this is one I definitely want to read.

    Ulysses - well, only 50 pages left, that is amazing Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am working on ROOM now and hope to get some time this evening to dive into it. I hear that once you start you do not want to put the book down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Room id on my wish list. ULYSSES is a big undertaking! I started once but never finished.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Room is definitely un-putdownable -- I found myself over-extending my lunch break just to finish certain scenes.

    Ulysses has been a challenge but at least now I can (almost) say that I've finished it.

    NancyO - Merci beaucoup! Vous ecrivez tres bien! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the Ulysses progress. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck finishing Ulysses! That's a book I've always been intimidated by.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Good or bad, I'd love to hear from you (but be nice - I'm sensitive!)